Thank you for using our HeartMeetings.com website.
Article 1 Scope of Application
- This Website provides you with the service of a common registration to academic societies, meetings, and live courses.
- Membership registration is required before using this Website.
- It is the responsibility of each member to secure the network hardware, software, and connectivity necessary to properly connect to and use the Website and it is the responsibility of the member to bear the costs of such requirements.
- The Company reserves the right to revise, add or remove any aspect of the Website and Services at any time under no obligation and without any requirement of prior notification to you. In addition, such revisions and alterations will be effective upon notification including posting to this Website or sending e-mails.
- The Company makes no warranties for the Service provided or any other associated service on this Website. Further, the Company does not make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the Services on this Website. For details, please refer to the "Article 8 Compensation for Damages and Disclaimer."
- The member is fully responsible for maintaining the security and use of their password.
- The member is prohibited from transferring, selling, or lending an assigned password.
- The Company shall not be held responsible for any damages arising from negligent use of a password by the member or arising from use by a third party. The manifestation of intention provided to the Website with the password implies the intention of the effective member for whom the password has been assigned. The use of a password on the Website is considered the manifestation of intention by the valid member to whom the password was assigned.
- The Company, academic societies and conference to which a member wishes to disclose personal information during an application acts as custodian of the information, and shall not, in principle, disclose to external parties personally identifying information (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) provided by members without the member’s consent, except insofar as it is necessary to entrust such information to third-party trustees in order to provide services on the Website.
Notwithstanding the provision of the preceding paragraph, the Company may disclose part of the member's registration information (name and address) without obtaining the prior consent of the member in question for the following cases:
1) Cases in which it has been determined to cause disadvantage to the Company, other members, or third parties, and it is necessary for the Company to notify the police or related organizations
2) Cases in which disclosure is required by a court, prosecutor’s office, police, bar association, consumer affairs bureau or other institution similar thereto
3) Any other case in which the Company has judged that it is appropriate
- In applying for membership registration, the Company will not accept any false declarations.
- If there are any changes in the registration information of membership, member shall promptly carry out the prescribed procedures.
Article 5 Prohibited Use Beyond the Scope Permitted
All the information including conference programs and images, and other intellectual property rights on this Website belong to Heart Organization.
The member shall not duplicate, sell, or publish information obtained through the use of this service or otherwise use such information beyond the scope of personal use without the approval of the Company, or in the case where a third party holds rights to such information, without approval from such third party gained through the Company as intermediary.
In your use of this Website, Heart Organization prohibits the following acts or behaviors.
1) Acts that may be contrary to public order or morality
2) Violation or possible violation of laws and regulations
3) Infringement or possible infringement of intellectual property rights or copyrights of Heart Organization and our other members ("members") or third party
4) Infringement or possible infringement of property rights or privacy of Heart Organization, members, or third party
5) Causing or possibly causing detriment or damage to Heart Organization, members, or third party.
6) Defamation or libel against Heart Organization, members, or third party
7) Acts such as registering the e-mail of another person, false declarations or false notifications
8) Interference with the operation of the Website or acts that undermine the confidence in the Company
9) Use or distribution of a harmful computer program including distribution of computer viruses
10) Improper use of ID and password
11) Any other acts or behaviors that Heart Organization deems inappropriate.
Personal information provided to us from the member upon using the Service will be handled properly according to the following. Pease note that by providing us your personal information, you are indicating that you agree to the handling of the information described below.
We use your personal information for the following purposes.
1) Membership management
2) Providing various information
3) Information analysis (including analysis of conference participants)
4) Information about new services as well as implementing member surveys
The personal information mentioned above is not provided to third parties. However, please understand that, as a rule, this shall not apply for the following situations only:
1) Cases where it is necessary to disclose your name and address to a delivery company, or when it is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations to members by the Company or its contractors
2) Cases in which a request for disclosure of the member's information is made by a court, other judicial branch, or administrative organ pursuant to a court order
3) Cases in which there is due course, such as for the protection of the right and property of the Company, our affiliated companies, members or other third party;
4) Cases in which the Company or its affiliates avoid suffering inconvenience or damage due to disputes among members or between a member and third party.
- Provision of information such as name and address is optional and is made at the discretion of the members themselves. When a member does not agree to provide information including his/her name and address, please note that the Company may not be able to provide the Services.
- When damage occurs to the Company due to violation of the user's agreement by the user, the user is obliged to compensate the Company for damages.
- The Company will create and manage all the information posted on the Website, but assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy, integrity, or suitability for a specific purpose.
- The Company assumes no responsibility for any damages resulting from the use of the Website or from the inability to use the Website for any reason, or for any damages resulting from the writing of data by third parties, or unauthorized access, with respect to the sending and receiving of e-mail.
The Company reserves the right to discontinue or terminate services provided on the Site partially or entirely without prior notice or consent of the members for any of the following reasons:
1) Conservation, update of the Website, or in a state of emergency.
2) The Website cannot continue normal operations due to unforeseen circumstances such as fire, electrical outage, natural disaster.
- The Company reserves the right to change the content of the Services or discontinue or terminate services provided on the Site without prior notice or consent of the members.
- The Company assumes no responsibility for any damages caused to the member or the third parties due to the partial or entire changes to the content of the Services or discontinuation or termination of Services provided on the Website as directed by the Company.
- The Company assumes no responsibility for any other losses resulting from the information provided by the use of the Website.
- Members are responsible for resolving disputes arising due to the use of information provided through the Website or Services with other members or third parties at their own expensive and responsibility, and shall indemnify and hold the Company harmless from any damages.
- The Company accepts no responsibility for issues arising from disclosure of the member's registration information based on Article 4 Clause 2.
The Company reserves the right to cancel the membership without prior notice or consent of the member;
1) if the Company determines that the member has engaged in one or more prohibited acts as listed in Article 6.
2) if there is a wrongful act that the Company does not delegitimize.
3) if the Company deems the member's act as unsuitable for the Service.
- Upon cancellation of membership, all the rights possessed by the member to the Company will be cancelled.
Article 10 Withdrawal
The member shall voluntary notify the Company by the method of the Company's instruction when terminating the Service
Article 12 Termination of Service
The Company is entitled to suspend the Service for certain reasons by giving certain period of advance notice .
Article 13 Jurisdiction
Article 14 Governing laws
- Based on this agreement, there is the case that a special provision is fixed for separately.
- Since when there are our agreement and contradicting provision on the explanation page of our each service, apply a provision described in the explanation page of each service